Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Q&A with Steve MacNamara


Click on the image above to view a highlight reel from last week's very informative and thought-provoking client Q-and-A session with Steve MacNamara and Andy. (Find more videos on our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/tryonite.)
 
1 - We had a very well-received informal session last Tuesday evening with Steve MacNamara, CFA, our investment researcher. Steve traveled from Connecticut to Tryon just for the occasion and flew back the same night. The issues we covered with clients were serious and meaningful. We went into some depth about Steve's experience and expertise, why and how he does what he does, and how I am able to translate his research for use in client portfolios. Click here to view an abbreviated video of the event by Erik Olsen.

2 - Our next client Dinner and a Movie event is scheduled for Friday, August 10. We'll be screening one of my all-time favorites, "Moonstruck" starring Cher and Nicholas Cage. Clients can expect to receive an email invitation later this week. Save the date!

3 - If you live in Tryon or the surrounding area, you may have noticed that I'm working with a group of local citizens in an effort to reverse the recent trend of businesses leaving the downtown area. I did not ask for ask for the leadership of this effort, but it seems to have been thrust upon me, and I'm happy to work with a this enthusiastic group to bring about positive change. I've made it clear that our clients must come first, so we're putting several things in place that will allow me to limit my time commitment to the project. Fortunately, there are several talented and energetic folks ready to step up and assume leadership roles.

Have shop-local week!

~Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment